Two Day FDM Training Course
Our Stratasys approved FDM 3D printing courses are suited to any level of operator, from novice to those looking to deepen their understanding of FDM 3D printing. Courses include tips and tricks on how to maintain your FDM 3D printer to the highest standards, as well as in-depth training on the GrabCAD Print and Insight software commonly used by Stratasys 3D printer systems.
The duration of the course required is primarily dependent upon your 3D printer system. We offer FDM 3D printing courses both on location at the customer’s site and at our Laser Lines’ facility based in Banbury. Our FDM training courses are the perfect introduction for both new machine operators and customers completely new to the world of 3D printing.
The course comprises two days of training, giving a comprehensive overview of the 3D printing process, specific machine and software instructions, maintenance techniques and more. Our FDM 3D printing courses are aimed at machine operators, part designers and users of GrabCAD Print and Insight Software. It is a prerequisite that attendees have approximately three months of experience working with a Stratasys FDM system. They must have also completed installation training and possess a good working knowledge of CAD.
Topics Covered by the FDM 3D Printing Course
- FDM Technology Overview
- Insight and ControlCenter Overview
- Tutorials (Interior Build Styles & Custom Groups)
- Machine Calibration
- Tutorials (Orientation, Supports, Curve Editing)
- Support Removal
- FDM Materials
This course combines theoretical and practical learning experiences to equip participants with the required knowledge to increase utilisation of their Stratasys FDM machine. This includes the improvement of their 3D printing capabilities, as well as their pre-processing, post-processing and material skills.
By the end of the two day FDM 3D printing training course, participants will be able to:
- Print 3D parts to the highest quality and strength, using FDM technology
- Pre-process FDM parts, taking into consideration the most suitable material choice for the requirements of the part
- Change the infill of a part
- Use Custom Groups to modify separate areas of a part
- Understand slice settings and where to use them
- Edit support structures
- Edit curves for fixing STL failures
- Embed hardware during printing
- Manage print jobs for efficient manufacturing with GrabCAD print
- Generate an analysis of material consumptions and machine utilisation
- Perform basic printer calibration and maintenance procedures to ensure best part quality and the increased lifespan of your FDM 3D printer system