Two Day FDM Training Course
Our Stratasys approved FDM training courses are suited to each level of operator. They include tips and tricks on how to maintain your FDM 3D printer to the highest standards as well as in-depth training on GrabCAD Print and Insight software.
The duration of the course you choose is primarily dependent upon your system. The location can be either on the customer’s site or at Laser Lines’ facility in Banbury. The courses are ideally constructed for participants who are either new machine operators or customers new to 3D printing generally.
This course comprises two days of training either at the customer’s site or Laser Lines’ offices in Banbury. The prime audience will be machine operators, part designers and users of Insight Software. It is a prerequisite that attendees have approximately three months of experience working with a Stratasys FDM system, have completed installation training and have a good working knowledge of CAD.
- FDM Technology Overview
- Insight and ControlCenter Overview
- Tutorials (Interior Build Styles & Custom Groups)
- Machine Calibration
- Tutorials (Orientation, Supports, Curve Editing)
- Support Removal
- FDM Materials
This course equips participants with the knowledge needed to increase utilization of their Stratasys FDM machine, to improve their 3D printing capabilities and broaden their pre-processing, post-processing and material skills through theoretical and practical experience.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Print 3D parts with FDM technology in best quality and strength
- Pre-process FDM parts, taking into consideration the most suitable material
- Change the infill of a part
- Use Custom Groups for modifying separate areas of a part
- Understand slice settings and where to use them
- Edit support structures
- Edit curves for fixing STL failures
- Embed hardware during printing
- Manage print jobs with GrabCAD print
- Generate an analysis of material consumptions and machine utilization
- Perform basic printer calibration and maintenance procedures to ensure best part quality