Stratasys FDM TPU 92A
Flexible, pliable elastomer material
Stratasys’ new thermoplastic polyurethane-based material is its most flexible printing medium to date. With a Shore A value of 92, it is perfect for use in projects where durability, resilience and abrasion resistance are key.
This offers high elongation without tearing, bends to an extreme degree without snapping and withstands high levels of compression before returning to its original shape. It is designed for use in demanding scenarios where durability, resilience and abrasion resistance are key requirements.
FDM TPU 92A, Stratasys’ first elastomer material, is the perfect partner for the F123 Series printers, the F170, F270 and F370, giving designers the freedom they need to produce complex parts. Paired with dissolvable support material, it will accommodate overhanging structures and complex cavities, which can be reproduced in excellent fidelity time after time.
Key benefits include
- When paired with the F123 Series printer, parts produced using TPU 92A elastomer material have a 500% elongation at break – almost half as much again as that of its nearest rival at 350%
- When combined material and labour costs are calculated, Stratasys’ FDM TPU 92A delivers an average cost reduction of 39% when stood beside its closest competitors
- Stratasys’ elastomer material is the industry’s most flexible printing option, able to withstand pressure of up to 5445psi – almost 4000psi more than the competition
- Thermoplastic polyurethane is light, allowing product developers to remove weight without compromising flexibility and durability in the development of cushioned parts as diverse as footwear and vehicle seats
Use case scenarios
- Ideal for production of end-use parts in the automotive and aerospace industries, where cushioning and impact protection are core requirements
- On-site production of hoses, ducts and tubes for machinery, with the option to re-route them around bulkheads and internal components even after production
- Thermoplastic polyurethane can supplement or replace an established prototyping operation that would otherwise use a moulding process, thus reducing both turn-around time and production cost
To find out more about how this revolutionary material can transform your business, call us on 01295 672599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org