MakerBot PLA filament
Fully optimised filament for inexpensive prototyping
A non toxic resin, offering the most accurate and stable results, suitable for the rapid creation of inexpensive parts, that are compostable and repeatable.
Use genuine MakerBot PLA filament, and you are guaranteed the most accurate, stable result any Replicator can produce.
Perfect for rapid, inexpensive parts production in education, home and the office, it’s compatible with both the Replicator+ and Mini+, and previous members of the Replicator family, including the advanced Z18. With hardware, software and material complimenting each other, you will get predictable, repeatable, accurate results every time.
Makerbot PLA filament is a non-toxic resin, produced using starch derived from the same kind of sugars found in potatoes and grain, making it both safe and easy to use. As an organic compound, it is also compostable, so you can print as much as you want without worrying that you’re harming the environment.
Supplied on standard 900g spools, MakerBot PLA filament is available in a range of 23 colours, including three limited and eight speciality tones. It is perfect for use when flexibility and functional joins are not required.
Key benefits include
- The organic compounds used to form MakerBot PLA filament are inherently non-toxic, making them perfect for use in the classroom
- Developed specifically to work with MakerBot hardware, it produces repeatable, accurate results time after time
- The wide range of colours allows for almost unlimited creativity, bringing professional-grade options to the consumer and entry-level market
- As evidence of MakerBot’s commitment to supporting older devices, PLA Filament works with all previous Replicator models to extend their useful life
Use case scenarios
- Rapid on-site prototyping of parts prior to final production
- On-demand production of spares and sacrificial tools
- Curriculum support for design and physics syllabuses
- Inexpensive use in the home for hobby and leisure printing